Thursday 16 February 2012

Little Mouse Ball


Hello, this is my first craft post. I thought I would share with you all a little video on how to make a 3d bead keychain/phone charm (its not much of a ‘how to’ video though, it goes by a little too quick to follow!)



The first time I came across 3d beading was on a family holiday to Hong Kong (I think it was in 2004...but I can’t quite remember...) I visited a craft shop by chance with my sister and the lady offered to teach us how to make a dog out of beads (as long as we bought shit loads of beads from her, which we did). She was possibly the most patient lady in the world because my sister and I took absolutely ages to work out how to string it together (even with step by step guidance from her).



Anyway I am going to attempt to post up a diagram which shows how to make this little mouse ball charm. I added a mobile charm string thing to the top of it (so it can be used as a mobile charm, key ring or bag charm). The diagram looks quite confusing and it looks sort of difficult to decipher, but I couldn’t think of any other way of documenting it in a step-by-step way. I originally had this as a diagram given to me from the bead lady but I have adapted it a little.



An easy(ish) way of going about using this diagram is to print it out and cross off each bead on the diagram as you thread it onto the string. 

2 comments: