Monday 13 February 2012

Dinner Time!!!


This is my kind of recipe, bung it all into an oven dish and hope for the best. I thought I would take a few pictures as a visual recipe to remind myself if I should ever forget. I ended up taking over 300 and so I thought I would turn it into a little video complete with Cooking mama music. Preparation and cooking time over in just 45 seconds! If only cooking in real life was really that quick.

I think this recipe is from a Delia Smith recipe that I found online ages ago, I would post up a link but I can’t seem to find it any more. I found that once the dish was finished, the chicken was pretty dry (hmmm what a way to sell a recipe) but if you mix a bit of corn flour with the chicken boobs before you mix it in with the other ingredients it doesn’t overcook as much. Also the sauce doesn’t end up so runny.


Here is the recipe:

Ingredients needed for this dish are:
  • ·         Half a courgette
  • ·         One and a half peppers
  • ·         Half an onion
  • ·         200g Heinz tomato soup (half a tin)
  • ·         200g can of chopped tomatoes
  • ·         Two chicken breasts


Preheat oven to 190 degrees (gas mark 5)

Put all the ingredients into an oven proof dish and mix well.

Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes

Serve with mash and green beans.


The last photo in the video doesn’t look like the most appetising thing in the world does it? I was going to take a picture of the finished article (which looked a little better) complete with mash and beans but we were too hungry and the mash I was making took fricken ages to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment